mobile phone link image
jobs page link image
 
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter
day
00  Month

Candle and open fire cause two blazes

 
Created on 06/12/2019 @ 12:03
SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
Firefighters are warning local residents not to leave candles or open fires unattended following two incidents in the past two days.

Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service have attended two property fires in with one was caused by an unattended candle and the other by an unattended open fire.

Will Bowen, Home Safety Manager said: “We urge you to be vigilant, especially this time of year when candles and open fires will be used more regularly. If you are going to use a candle or have an open fire, please follow these safety points.

"If you’re going out, put it out. Never leave lit candles unattended. Put burning candles out when you leave the room, and make sure they’re out completely at night.

"Keep them out of the reach of children who may want to play with them and out of the reach of any animals who may knock them over. Don’t lean across candles - you could set fire to your clothes.:

He added: "Always use a suitable fire guard when having an open fire and don’t leave it unattended. Keep flammable items at least 1 meter away from an open fire or log burner.

"Do not overload a fire with wood or coal. Adding small amounts of fuel regularly is safer. Make sure that everyone in your home knows what to do if a fire should occur– practice your escape route. Always have working smoke alarms fitted throughout your home and test them regularly."
icnn logo